Long-Term Care Ombudsmen protect, defend and advocate for residents by...
- Informing residents and their families of their rights;
- Resolving complaints;
- Providing information on residents needs/concerns to their families, facility staff and their community; and
- Advocating for good individualized care.
The Ombudsman program is available to...
- Residents*of any long-term care facility;
- Friends and relatives of persons who live in long-term care facilities;
- Long term care facility staff members and administrators with resident-related concerns;
- Individuals and families who are considering nursing home placement as a long-term care option;
- The community-at-large; and
- Other interested groups concerned about the welfare of residents of long-term care facilities.
Click here for a listing of ombudsman agencies by county
For more information about the Ombudsman Program, please go to the State of Illinois website by clicking here.